Instagram is a great way to get exposure for your business, but only if you know how to properly set up your Instagram Giveaway.
When you have an Instagram giveaway, it’s important that you have clear and specific instagram giveaway rules on how people can enter.
Not doing so will turn your giveaway into an annoying mess that nobody wants to participate in.
The giveaway rules will also help you determine the people who are eligible to win.
You want only the most loyal of followers to win the instagram contest and your giveaway contest is not worth giving away to everyone who follows you on instagram.
That’s why it’s important for you to have clear instagram giveaway rules in place before starting a contest!
The rules for instagram giveaway contest can be as specific or general as you want them to be.
Where You Should Display Instagram Giveaway Rules
Deciding the rules for the contest is not enough to make it successful for your business. But you need to understand where you should show it so that all entrants can see them before going inside.
If it won’t visible clearly somewhere on the landing page, instagram post caption or on bio of official instagram account, then there is a big possibility that your instagram contest could get the participants who are not relevant of your business target audience.
Showing the clear instructions can prevent the bad quality of participants to enter into the contest.
Not only this, you need to make sure that you will publish the instagram contest rules frequently during the promotion of the campaign so that it will add entry restrictions for fake or non relevent contestants.
Remember, you should make your instagram followers aware about the rules and you should show it through your official giveaway announcement post and instagram stories to help them understand about the entry requirements clearly.
What Should You Include In Instagram Giveaway Rules
The parent company meta has it’s instagram promotion guidelines to prevent frauds and spam activities on instagram and personally I’ve done a few experiments to understand the important contest rules need to prepare before launching instagram giveway campaigns.
Here I am sharing a list of the rules I would recommend you to include inyour next giveaway campaign-
- The contest / giveaway campaign is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with instagram.
- Mention the name of the company hosting the instagram giveaway.
- Mention the clear duration and dates from starting to end of the contest including time with timezone.
- Mention clear instruction on how any participant can enter into the contest.
- Declear the participation restrictions such as age and country which are not allowed to participate and promote.
- Mention how and when the host will choose the winner of the giveaway.
- Share details of how, when and where the winner(s) of the contest will be announced.
- Mention the process of rewards distribution and how winner(s) can claim it.
- Mention the mode of delivery of rewards to winner(s) including whether the winner(s) is responsible for any taxes or shipping cost.
- Share the clear guidelines of what people should not do to avoid termination of the participation.
- Mention your brand hashtag to use in promotion of giveaway post to make sure people are actively participating to increase your brand awareness on social media.
- Following the instagram account is the compulsory action in order to participate in the giveaway, it should mention clearly.
- Mention about missuse of specific hashtag related to your brand could ban them without any notice.
- Mention that you are allowed to use the user-generated content (also known as ugc) for business promotion in order to make their participation complete for the instagram giveaway of your business.
- A completely new instagram account with no followers and no content is structly prohibited from the giveaway contest, it should be a mendatory rule to consider.
How To Force Participants To Follow The Giveaway Rules
Ideally there is no way to forcer anybody to follow the rules of the instagram giveaway if they don’t want to follow it anyhow.
But you can keep them reminding about the giveaway rules through their registered email address.
But it’s not enough.
You should publish instagram posts about it regularly to appear in their instagram feed.
The more they will see the rules, the more chances are they won’t go against the contest rules.
Based on actions, you can easily create an email list of active participants who are putting real efforts to win.
So that you can check them manually by end of the giveaway campaign.
In the first email itself you can mention about the eligibility of the participants to win and claim the reward.
And trust me, most of the contestants will drop their efforts after reading clear instructions.
How To Remove The Participants Who Violate Instagram Giveaway Rules
You can remove the instagram giveaway rules violators from the contest list by emailing them that they are disqualified.
The email should mention clearly about the disqualification and it’s reason, like violating social media giveaway rules or not following instructions of instagram giveaway contest in time.
The email should be sent to the email address provided by instagram giveaway contest rules.
You can also send the email from your own account and mention about the giveaway rules violation in it, but make sure that you are not violating instagram giveaway contest rules yourself.
If they don’t reply you back after a few days of sending them an email with clear instructions then remove their name from list of contestants who violate social media giveaway contest rules and claim the reward for themselves because nobody will ever do such things intentionally or unintentionally.
The contest rules violators list should be maintained and updated regularly.
If the instagram giveaway contest rules are violated by contestants then you can remove them from the list of winners too, but make sure that it’s not done in a way that will affect other participants who have put real efforts to win.
Giveaway rules violation is not the only reason for instagram giveaway contest disqualification.
In some cases, contestants can also be disqualified if they don’t meet the eligibility requirements of social media giveaway contest rules or instagram giveaway contest terms and conditions.
If you violate any instagram giveaway contest rules then your name will be removed from list of participants who win social media giveaways and the prize money won by you will go to other winners instead of yourself because it’s an unethical practice in most cases.
You have been reading the instagram giveaway contest rules and social media giveaway contest terms & conditions for instagram giveaway contest, which are very important because they will help you to understand the rules of instagram giveaway contests.
So if you want to participate in any social media giveaways or want to setup any instagram giveaway campaign then it’s a good idea that you read these rules before participating in such competitions.
For managing instagram giveaway campaign successfully, you should try UpViral because it’s one of the best viral giveaway software which can make your 90% job easier to manage.
It will help you to manage all entrants of the giveaway, ban the frauds from the campaign, send email after registration and many more.
If you have any questions regarding instagram giveaway contest rules or social media giveaway contest terms & conditions then please feel free to post them in the comments section below.